Do you want to be part of the transition to a data driven strategy and operations within a bank? Interim Valley is hiring a Data Management Professional who will be seconded at the Wholesale department of a(n) (inter)national financial institution located in Amsterdam. The goal of the department is to strengthen the data management capabilities. Your responsibility: deliver correct data of good quality to the Data User(s).
As Data Management Professional you manage data assets on behalf of – and in the best interest of – the department (CIB & CB), in close cooperation with your stakeholders within the department and the organisation.
Your working environment
You will operate within the Corporate Data Office (CDO), a sub department of CIB Processes & Control, which is responsible for the planning and execution of policies, processes and projects related to data and information flows within CIB and CB in the Netherlands as well as abroad.
The CDO manages the data landscape of CIB and CB in terms of information availability and quality, thus contributing to CIB’s and CB’s profile of a data driven organization in which advanced analytics play an important role.
As a data management professional, you provide advice and support in carrying out data management activities for the data owners (business lines CIB and CB) and data users (e.g. Central Risk Management) in one of the departments. You are continuously increasing the bank's and clients' added value of data. You provide internal clients / stakeholders with your knowledge of, and experience with, the different data management areas, such as data architecture, data quality, data modelling and design, data exchange, data security, metadata and reference & master data management.
You understand the importance of data management like no other and you're able to properly support your department in applying the central available data management activities, solutions, methods, techniques and tools. You will give both solicited and unsolicited advice. You are actively engaged with the central data management department to represent the needs from your department. You also bring new developments from the central data management department back to your own department. You are the linking-pin between the central data management department and your own department.
You are a self-starter/initiator with good social skills. You cooperate/align with your stakeholders in- and outside of CIB and CB.
You have strong communication skills: you know what is going on in your immediate environment and in the rest of the organization. By working together within your department, with the data management professionals in other departments and the central data management department, you are able to change the organization. You understand the business and where necessary, you can support them in non-technical language.
- At least a Bachelor title in Economics or a Bachelor work- and thinking level gained through operating in the field of CADM, Grids, Finance or Data Management
- At least 2 years of work experience in data management areas
- Proven affinity with applied data management and/or data analytics
- Affinity with the financial industry (a pré)
- Strong analytical skills
You have knowledge of:
- Data management processes
- Information modelling, data design and data architecture (at business level, for example Fact-Based Modelling)
- Providing advice and stakeholder management
- Standards such as DAMA-DMBOK and its applicability (pré)
- Project-based work (agile method is a pré)
- Reference & Master Data Management
- Data Quality Management and DQ Issue Management
- Change processes and change management (Change and Implementation Management)
- Affinity with the financial industry and in particular Corporate & Institutional Banking and Commercial Banking (pré)
- You can build relationships with stakeholders
- You are focused on collaboration, innovation and achieving goals
- You take responsibility, are self-organizing and you take initiative
- You are proficient in English (both writing and speech)
- You know how to inspire and motivate others, based on your knowledge and experience.
What We Offer
Data management support for all organisations is still under development. In fact, you can play an important role here. Interim Valley offers the opportunity to develop professionally within a large organization. Furthermore:
- Professional accompaniment by a dedicated Field Manager
- Participate in our Data Career Track: professional development in subject matter expertise fields such as DAMA DMBOK, meta – and reference data management, data design – and architecture, data science and – analytics (AI, machine learning, python, R, SQL and modeling/advanced statistics).
- Participate in our unmatched personal develelopment program 'Live Your Potential'.
Interested? Please contact Ruben Verkuijl (email@example.com / 06-20474105) for more information about the possibilities.
Hoe kunnen wij je bereiken?Handmatig invullen
Ik heb al een account.
- Solliciteer eenvoudig vanuit je profiel op actuele vacatures.
- Jouw basisgegevens worden automatisch ingevuld bij een sollicitatie, waardoor je snel en eenvoudig kunt reageren.
Bedankt voor uw inschrijving. We zullen u contacteren zodra we mogelijkheden voor u zien.
Hou alstublieft onze website in de gaten om direct de nieuwste vacatures te zien.
Werken bij Interim Valley
Interim Valley is een detacheringsbureau uit Amsterdam dat in 2012 is opgericht door Ruben Verkuijl en Diederik Veenhoven en inmiddels is uitgegroeid tot meer dan honderd medewerkers. Vijftien van deze medewerkers zijn gevestigd op het kantoor van Interim Valley en overige medewerkers zitten bij de klanten. Interim Valley ondersteunt organisaties bij de invulling van posities binnen Compliance, Data Analytics, Trade Finance en Risk & Lending in de financiële sector.